Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Remembering you, David!

Happy Birthday, David! I never would have fit 64 candles on a German chocolate cake.

When we were cleaning out your mom's house recently, I found this 24" x 36" enlarged photo of you. It was rolled up next to rolls of old wrapping paper. I'm so glad I decided to check it out before tossing it in the trash. What a surprise to see your smiling face that day.

That smile and those eyes! I see your mischievous smile and sparkling eyes in our children. Eyes filled with wisdom, life, and levelheadedness. The Lord has been good to us!



5 comments:

Sue said...

Was German Chocolate cake Dave's favorite? It was Steve's and he had it for most of his birthdays!!!!

Hannah said...

:'-(

Patricia said...

Sue,

Yes. When we were first married I made him a homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and cut up large marshmallows - a recipe from his mom. I eventually lost the recipe and then homemade German chocolate cake became his favorite.

Sam Olson said...

Wow, that is a great picture of Dad. Did not realize you found. Thanks for sharing! Love you.

Patricia said...

Sam,

Love you too. It was an amazing find.

Google

  © Blogger templates Inspiration by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP